Iʼm looking to fill two positions ASAP (although one person could potentially fill both). I’m now hiring for both an assistant photographer and a production assistant (again – this could be one person!).
Iʼm looking for someone to help out with all sorts of fun stuff: editing, retouching, album design, graphic design, client communication, and more. You should be proficient in adobe lightroom and photoshop, have a keen sense of design, be organized, motivated, and not above the occasional bit of grunt-work (think post office runs, light cleaning/organizing, etc).
For the assistant photographer, the ideal person:
- is over 21
- has a valid drivers license and reliable car
- has some experience in photography – i.e. understands the fundamentals of aperture, ISO and shutter speed. wedding/event experience a bonus!
- is preferably a canon shooter – I have plenty of camera bodies and lenses to share
- is available weekends and doesnʼt mind looooong days – we routinely work 10 hour days and longer when photographing weddings.
- MUST LOVE WEDDINGS! seriously, this is important. You really need to love this stuff to photograph it week after week. If you roll your eyes at weddings and other big parties, this is not the job for you 😉
If you have your own photography business and are actively booking clients, this is likely not a good fit for you. Iʼm looking for someone who can make a longer-term commitment and really become a part of my team. Oh, and hopefully it would go without saying – but you should be tolerant and open-minded, and welcoming of ALL couples. If you have any issues with same-sex marriage please do not apply.
As I mentioned earlier, both these positions could ideally be filled by one person – but, I’m also open to hiring separately. Iʼm already booked for nearly 40 events for 2013 and will have steady work throughout the year. Pay will be hourly, commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, please email me at email@example.com with some info about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit! no phone calls please 😉